"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Saturday 6 August 2011

Bedroom bliss!

Over the last 5 months I have been going through the nightmare process of buying out my house from a joint mortgage.  Every possible thing known to man and mortgage advisor that could go wrong, went wrong along the way, but finally the transfer took place and the house is now solely in my name!

As the whole process ended up costing a lot more than it was supposed to, I haven't been able to go away this summer, so I decided to treat myself to a bedroom makeover instead.  I've not really done anything to it since moving in 4 years ago, so it was starting to look a bit tired and definitely needed a bit more of my stamp on it.

I had been looking around for wallpapers for some time and had spotted some lovely designs in Laura Ashley which I had earmarked for a feature wall.  However, my plans went slightly awry when I found the perfect paper.  I am deeply ashamed to admit this, but I saw it adorning the walls of the girls' bedroom in the Geordie Shore house!  Yes, the backdrop to their sordid nights of debauchery was the wallpaper of my dreams.

After a bit of scouring of the internet, my friend google found the paper for me, and although it nearly tripled the budget of my Laura Ashley designs, my heart was set.  I colour-matched the background to get a Dulux paint mixed up for the other walls and was good to go.

So, after a couple of days of hard-decorating, all done by my fair hand (I really am the wallpapering pro these days), here is the finished article, my beautiful, blissful, blue boudoir!




Wallpaper: Cole and Son
Paint: Dulux Liberty Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment