"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Saturday 6 June 2009

LeMMMmmon drizzle cake

I'm taking part in a monthly baking challenge for an online community, and this month one of the recipes is Jamie's Lemon Drizzle Cake. I really fancied this this afternoon, so I decided I'd get cracking on the challenge sooner rather than later.

I was really impressed with this recipe. I love anything with lemon in it anyway, so I was probably always going to be on to a winner with this cake, but still, it was so easy and made a really light, fluffy cake. I'm not the best baker in the world, and considering this was my first attempt at making it and I didn't balls-up, it's got to be an easy recipe.

I couldn't find poppy seeds anywhere round here, so missed those out, and just upped the quantities of ground almonds slightly to compensate. The icing didn't turn out quite like the pictures of Jamie's cake, but I did think the quantity of icing sugar seemed quite excessive for just a drizzle over the top. Besides, I prefer mine with a nice, thick dollop of icing over it!


It didn't stay like this for long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment