"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Friday 19 February 2010

365 days project - week 7

Day 49

I've not been very well over the last couple of days, so this is all I've managed to take and upload from my sick bed.

I remember when I was little, cough medicine was really tasty. Well, believe me, this stuff is bleurgh!! I stopped taking it after I started being sick as the thought of putting any more of that in my mouth just made me gag!

A big thumbs down for Boots chesty cough relief!

Day 48

A friend of mine asked if I could take some pictures of her children for her ex husband who's in the army and heading to Afghanistan soon.

They are really lovely children and had a great time at the park. On this one, I tried out Rita's Coffeeshop Sunkissed action. Really like the effect it gives (as it was such a grey and overcast day in reality!)

Day 47 - Happy Pancake Day!
Pancake day! I love pancakes, and I'm feeling all full of cold today, so I thought I'd treat myself to chocolate and banana pancakes.... for lunch.... cos I'm hard like that! I can confirm, they were delicious!

I thought I'd try a triptych today. I am all over these clipping masks in PS - it's my new favourite thing!

Day 46 - Smiley

I'm on half term this week, but using the week off to catch up on lots of marking and planning. Despite the fact that the students I teach are well 'ard teenagers, they love cute things, so I always order loads of stickers like these to pepper their books with!

Day 45 - Cup of Love
I've wanted to try this for a while, and as this week's Camille's Appeal theme is Hearts and Valentine's, then I thought today would be a good day to try.

Not sure quite how well it came out, but it was fun trying.

Please take the time to look at the Camille's" Appeal flickr group and the website and see if you can help this brave little girl in some way.

Day 44 - The first colour of spring
This winter seems like it has dragged on for ages! It's been so cold and dull.

So, when I was taking a walk this afternoon, I was really cheered to spot this tiny little crocus bud glowing in the grass. It's the first splash of colour I've seen, and is surely a sign that spring is finally on the way!

Day 43 - Half term treat

Half term starts today - wahoo!

I'm going out for a meal tonight with a couple of friends, and am going to chill out! I was given this as a present from the student teacher I'm mentoring, so I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing drink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment