"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Thursday 7 January 2010

365 days project - week 1

I've decided that I need a photography project to keep me going at the moment, and I've been wanting to do the 365 days project for some time now (one photo per day for an entire year), I've just never quite had the motivation to get started. Well, the first day of a new year, and a new decade, seemed as good a time as any to get things started.
So, here is my first week's effort:
Day 1/365

So, 2009 was possibly the worst year for a long time. Lots of changes for me, and not all of them welcome.

Now it's a new year and a new start, and what better way to mark that than with a 365 project? It was a beautiful, crisp winter day and I took this whilst out on a walk with the dog. Certainly not the best shot in the world, but I guess it represents the path ahead of me for the next year.

Day 2/365 - Snowy lines

I went away for the night and came back to snow (again). It's just another light dusting, but I thought it looked a little bit magical, sprinkled over the decking.

Day 3/365 - Packed away

The Christmas decorations have now been packed away for another year. I'm back to work tomorrow and hoping that I will be a bit more positive about things from now on. It always feels so empty in the room when it all comes down, but it's nice to get some space back.

Day 4/365 - The prettiest shoe!

First day back at work today. It's still freezing cold, and so was quite an effort to get up in the dark, defrost the car and then actually do any work once I got there.

To cheer me up this evening, I thought I'd take a shot of one of my prettiest Christmas presents. My brother and sister-in-law gave me this lovely ring-holder in the shape of a rather beautiful pink shoe! I'm a big shoe fan and a sucker for anything pretty and girly, so I rather love this.

Day 5/365 - A little treat

Today was the first day of a new term, so always a little stressful! It wasn't made better by the heavy snow that started falling at lunch time and is still coming down.

I'm definitely owed a little treat to keep me going through the pile of marking I have to get through tonight.

Day 6/365 - Bounding through the snow

School was closed for a snow day today! Far too much to even try to get in, so Chester and I had a bit of a play in the back garden. As you can see, he rather enjoyed leaping around in it.

Day 7/365 - Going nowhere

Second snow day, and just heard that I've got tomorrow off as well. This is all good, but I am starting to get a little bit of cabin fever as I still can't move the car, and unfortunately everyone I know lives a short drive away.

I took a little walk this afternoon and the snow is still as beautiful as ever. There are only ever a couple of trains per day along here, but somehow I don't think anything's been along here for a few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment