"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Friday 22 January 2010

365 days project - week 3

Another week down of my 365 days photography project. This week some online friends and I launched a weekly themed group on Flickr to help raise awareness for Camille's Appeal. The theme of this week was 'pink' and Flickr was inundated with loads of wonderful pink themed photos, linking to and explaining the purpose behind Camille's Appeal. It is a very important and worthy cause for such a wonderful little girl. Watch this space for more on next week's theme.

Day 15 - Killer Heels
More shoes, I'm afraid. After a busy week, I had a night out. I went for an Indian with the girls, and then on for a bit of dancing. These are one of my favourite pairs of footwear - my pink stiletto boots! They do kill my feet after a few hours, but are so worth the pain.

Day 16
It was my nephew's 4th birthday party today, so I spent the day photographing lots of very excitable toddlers. They had an entertainer, who was the most hysterical thing I have seen in a long time. I was crying so much with laughter I could barely see to take any pictures. This is my friend's little girl - such a pretty little lady.
Day 17 - Camille's Appeal
Thank you for looking at my photograph. It was added to help to raise awareness for a friend's daughter - Camille. In June 2009, this stunning little 2 year old, Camille, was diagnosed with a brain tumour. She continues to fight and is a real inspiration to us all. We hope to raise awareness for Camilles Appeal through photography. Camilles appeal has been set up to raise funds for Camille and other young children living in East Anglia who have been diagnosed with a Brain Tumour. http://www.camillesappeal.co.uk/ Feel free to comment, fave etc or why not post your own pink photograph in the group this week. Raising awareness for a very worthwhile cause.
Day 18 - Thank you
Just thought I'd use today's picture to say thank you to all those people who joined the group, www.flickr.com/groups/camilles-appeal and who added photos or viewed, commented and faved photos produced for the appeal. Lots and lots of yesterday's pictures made into Explore, and hopefully will have raised a lot of awareness for this truly worthy cause. If you haven't yet had a chance, please check out the Flickr group, but also have a look at the Camille's Appeal website and do what you can to help this truly courageous girl and any others like her.
Day 19 - A little hope
I've been pretty busy today, so not the best shot from me. For Camille
Day 20 - Next move?
I spent the evening at my brother's house, looking after my nephew. I thought this chess set would make an colourful shot, as I love the bright colours. It also serves as a little bit of a pretentious metaphor for me today, as I've got an important decision to make about the next move in my career.
Day 21 - Can't wait for my bed
What a long day! Thursday is always busy for me, and as well as morning briefing, a full day of teaching, and a meeting in my lunch break, I had parent's evening tonight. So, I've just got in and I can't wait to get into bed. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment