"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Thursday 29 July 2010

365 days project - week 29

Day 203 - Sing off


Hooray!!  School's out!!

It's the end of term so we had our summer bash tonight.  Lots of delicious food and drink.

A friend also brought along her Playstation with Rock Band.  We were properly rocking out and now I think we need to form our own band we were that good.

Day 202


I bought these frames ages ago and have had them lying around the living room for ages.  So, the other day I decided to get something to put in them and put them up to fill the big empty wall behind my sofa.

I didn't realise what an awkward size they are, though (thanks Ikea!) and had to get them specially ordered.  Still, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

Day 201


This year I've had such a good crop of cherries from my tree, and they are so delicious - I can't give them away fast enough!  I had to get up the ladder and pick this little lot before the birds got them.

Day 200


Day 199


This was just a quick shot of my neighbour's flowers which are growing through my garden fence, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out considering how quickly I grabbed it.

Day 198 - Gawjus!


I took a school trip to the London Dungeons yesterday.  It was very cool but I've never screamed so much in my life!

Anyway, we also squeezed in a little sightseeing to calm our frayed nerves.  On our way to Covent Garden we came across these drag queens promoting the West End performance of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.  The girls insisted on having their picture taken, and were so amused when this guy told them they were "Gawjus!"

I had an even more amusing picture of me screaming with my hair flying everywhere on the 'gallows ride' in the Dungeons, but as I didn't take it myself, it can't count (and I do look really shocking!!)

Day 197 - Broad Bean Pate (not snot!)


I know this looks really gross, and a bit like snot, but it's my delicious broad bean pate that I made from all the yummy broad beans I've got growing in my garden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment