"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Saturday 3 April 2010

Happy Easter

It's the Easter holidays, so as I have a bit of time on my hands, I can get into the kitchen and do some baking. So, in keeping with the time of year, I thought I'd have a go at some hot cross buns, which I've never done before. I followed this BBC Food recipe, which was fairly straightforward, although there is a lot of time faffing around waiting for the dough to prove and kneading, but I guess that's to be expected when making bread.

The buns here before wrapping them up to prove:



It was a little tricky piping the crosses on, but once you get the right consistency, it's not too bad:



And, the finished product:



They didn't taste too bad either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment