"To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart. It's a way of life." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Documenting my daily life in photographs.

Photographic prints

Prints of my work are available at http://katieshires.redbubble.com/

Saturday 17 April 2010

Volcanic sunset

With all this Icelandic volcano business, we're meant to be getting some pretty stunning sunsets as a result of all the ash in the atmosphere, so I headed up the hill last night to see if I could catch some pretty sunset shots.


Unfortunately, it wasn't that impressive last night.  I've seen the sky much redder on ordinary evenings.  Still with a bit of a saturation boost, this doesn't look too bad, plus the windmill at Brill is one of my favourite silhouettes, whatever colour the sky is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment